cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

goodphish
Journeyman III

Can the performance of this site be improved?

I came here to ask a completely different question, but the appalling performance of this forum site demands some immediate attention.  AMD is a computing company.  It leaves a bad impression when the support forum is run on a potato.  Whoever is in a position to do something about this needs to do it.  At the very least, send an internal email to tag someone who can.

0 Likes
4 Replies

I have not had problems with the forum myself. Perhaps you should empty your browser cache.

It could be the internet infrastructure in your jurisdiction is saturated which will slow everyone's speed.

0 Likes

can you please clarify exactly what you are talking about when you mentioned "AMD Performance"?

Are you talking about how useful AMD Forum is in solving Users problems or connecting to AMD Forum?

0 Likes
goodphish
Journeyman III

For a period of about three hours around the time I submitted this, every click on this site was taking 10 to 15 seconds to respond.  This was from two different devices and three different browsers, and no other site I tried was having this issue.  It took me forever to register this account because I could never tell if what I submitted was working and I kept refreshing and starting over.  And it wasn't just the registration page.  Before registering, trying to browse through the forum was giving me the same issue.  So, when I finally got registered, I submitted this.

Then later in the day it was all working normally.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 Likes
aspect3r
Journeyman III

Are you having problems with interface? Personally, I prefer a simpler design. Something like reddit.

0 Likes