Dear members of the community,
For a few weeks now, Counter-Strike Global Offensive is stuttering like crazy during online play. It’s driving me nuts. It has always been my main game and now I can’t play it without stuttering all over the place. I’ve been looking for a solution in the past few weeks, but nothing seems to work. I’m in desperate need of your assistance and I hope someone can help me out.
First, a few facts and some demonstrations of the problem. In the video down below that I recorded, you can see the problem in action. Because this video is only 60FPS it’s not that easy to see, but you can spot it. When I turn or move, everything is very choppy like I have 30 FPS, but I’m playing at high FPS on a 240Hz screen so this shouldn’t be the case. It hurts my aim and in game vision and makes it hard to make good split-second plays.
Link to the video: https://streamable.com/xd5t92
My hardware setup:
MB: AORUS Elite X570
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM : G.Skill DDR4 3200Mhz (XMP profile active and working)
SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB (OS & game installed on here)
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
GPU: XFX RX Vega RX-VEGMLBFX6
PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018)
Screen1: ASUS ROG XG258Q @ 240 Hz
Screen2: AOC G2460V @ 60Hz (native is 75 Hz)
I use all latest stable drivers, also the latest BIOS that is available for the motherboard.
My settings in CSGO:
Color Mode: Computer Monitor
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Display Mode: Full screen
Laptop Power Savings: Disabled
Global Shadow Quality: High
Model / Texture Detail: High
Effect Detail: Low
Shader Detail: Low
Boost Player Contrast: Enabled
Multicore Rendering: Enabled
Multisampling Anti-Aliasing Mode: 4x MSAA
FXAA Anti-Aliasing: Disabled
Texture Filtering Mode: Trilinear
Vertical Sync: Disabled
Motion Blur: Disabled
What I have tried so far:
- Updating BIOS -> No effect
- Running DDU and reinstalling GPU drivers -> No effect
- Update chipset drivers -> No effect
- Reinstall game -> No effect
- Reinstall Windows completely -> No effect
- Uninstall ESET NOD32 antivirus -> Minor effect
- Disabling hardware acceleration in Discord -> No effect
- Disabling full screen optimizations in Windows -> No effect
- Disabling CORE0 of csgo.exe -> No effect
- Changing refresh rate of secondary screen from 75 to 60 Hz -> No effect
- Changing around video settings in game -> No effect
- Changing around settings in Radeon software -> No effect
- Playing on native resolution and default settings -> Minor effect
Other games that I play (PES 2020, PUBG…) run as they should and don’t seem to be impacted. Steam support has refused my demand for support, saying it must be a local issue.
Can somebody please help me? I can’t play my main game anymore without getting all frustrated and I’m getting tilted. I’m even at the point where I would give the person giving the solution to this issue a reward. Anyway, any assistance would be very much appreciated.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.