cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hukl16
Journeyman III

No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not working properly.....

After an update from Window and the AMD Graphics driver (a few months ago from the Radeon side) I keep getting the message: "No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not working properly. Install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." Two graphics cards AMD Radeon HD 8500M and AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics with yellow warning triangle are displayed in the device manager.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
4 Replies

When you post your EXACT laptop model or Serial Number and Windows version installed, I might be able to show you the correct AMD Driver to download and install.

Am 01.07.2020 um 16:00 schrieb elstaci:

>

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

>

Re: No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not

working properly.....

in /Drivers & Software/

0 Likes
hukl16
Journeyman III

Sorry, but I'm not very well versed in this topics,

Here is the desired and additional information about the laptop and Windows

Betriebsystemname      Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version                10.0.18363 Build 18363

Systemhersteller            ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Systemmodell  X751BP

Systemtyp          x64-basierter PC

Prozessor          

AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, 3000 MHz, 2 Kern(e), 2 logische(r) Prozessor(en)

I hope, that it is ok

0 Likes

I would first install Asus AMD Graphic driver first to make sure your laptop is working normally with Asus drivers installed.

Here is Asus Support for your laptop: X751BP Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS Global 

Make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed:

Since there are no Asus Graphic drivers that probably means the Graphic driver is included with Asus CHIPSET package since it is quite large in size.

Plus you have two 2020 drivers to update if you haven't yet.

This is the correct AMD APU Graphics driver you need for both your R5 Integrated and Discrete AMD GPU card in your laptop: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a9-series-apu-for-laptops/7th-gen-a9-94... 

Make sure Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.

when you install AMD generic driver use this basic method to remove the current AMD driver and install the new version:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

NOTE: Please remove "Correct" from my reply since it isn't true until you finally do find a correct answer. Thanks.