As I'm a bit unexperienced with upgrading CPU's I thought it would be better to ask the pro's first. I upgraded things like graphiccards and RAM before but I'll need some help with this one.
I currently have the following setup:
CPU: AMD A6-9500 A320 (w/ integrated Radeon R5 graphics) 65W, AM4 Socket, air cooling
Graphic Card: Radeon RX560 Series 4GB
Motherboard: ASRock A320M-HDV
RAM: 8GB DDR4 (willl be upgraded to 16GB soon)
Windows 10 64-bit
My questions are:
1. Since it's an AM4 Socket CPU it should be easy to change and not require soldering, right?
2. https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/AMD/A6-Series/A6-9500.html this list states that upgrading to A8, A10 and A12 should be possible. https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASRock/A320M-HDV.html this list states that my motherboard should be able to support the Ryzen Series. What is true?
3. Which stats show how much better the new processor would be, compared to the old one? (Is it worth upgrading?)
4. I'd like to stay with a 65w processor since my current PSU isn't the best (not planning on upgrading it, don't want to do the math ;-). Will the air cooling system be enough to cool the new CPU?
5. What would be a good recommendation if I'm planning to spend around 200£$€ and would that even be recommendable with the current setup.
6. My current CPU has integrated R5 graphics, my graphics though run through the installed RX560. Will I run into any problems because of the integrated graphics thing?
7. If I'm upgrading to a Ryzen for example, will I need an BIOS update?
I know, it's a lot of questions. But I'd be really thankful if somebody could help me figure this out. Basically all I want to know is: Can I upgrade my CPU and if, to which CPU can I upgrade to?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.