cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

skullkid
Adept I

No DX Found when launching a game

dxdiag shows dx12 but adrenalin broke my system dx cause whenever i launch a game it says "no dx found" or sum shiiiiddd like dat...WTF??? cant windows software work as it should at leat for once??? 

i abandoned windows for mac long ago back in 2011, since windows was totally shiddy to me...now i had problems with ma Hackint0sh installation, so id give windows 10 a chance for all the games that r exclusive for winshit, but just when i was happy with my installation this adrenalin update broke AALLL my games (51 games i bought for nada now, since i cant use them) sooo dxdiag SHOWS DX12 but no acceleration is found (direct3d, etc)

0 Likes
1 Solution

You have a fairly old Intel Motherboard so you must make sure all Drivers are up to date on it first.

Make sure all of your Intel Drivers are up to date, especially the Intel Graphics driver. You can download and use Intel's own Driver updater to do that: Intel Driver & Assistant - Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

After you updated all of your Intel drivers using the Intel tool from above, reinstall the Rx 570 AMD driver again using this basic method:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

View solution in original post

4 Replies

First you need to post your computer information like Make & Model of Motherboard, CPU, GPU, PSU and Windows, BIOS, and AMD Driver currently installed.

If this is a laptop, then please give the exact Laptop model you have.

Then run DXDIAG and "Save to File" and attach it to your next post to see what is going on.

Once I know that Make & Model of your Computer hardware I can check to see if you downloaded the correct AMD Driver.

Possibly you AMD driver is corrupted when you installed it or it isn't the correct one.

ASUS Z97-E lastest bios, Core i7 4790K, ASUS RX 570 4GDDR5, Win10 64bit, with lastest amd adrenalin software update wich broke my DirectX installation

0 Likes

You have a fairly old Intel Motherboard so you must make sure all Drivers are up to date on it first.

Make sure all of your Intel Drivers are up to date, especially the Intel Graphics driver. You can download and use Intel's own Driver updater to do that: Intel Driver & Assistant - Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

After you updated all of your Intel drivers using the Intel tool from above, reinstall the Rx 570 AMD driver again using this basic method:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

cool! i juss reinstalled on older (i think) version of adrenalin and its all cut cut like it used 2 be!!!

thank you very much 4 the quick reply n for aiding me in this, seems isnt all that of a struggle 2 have windows! it shouldnt & it really wasnt back in the day...like...if ya had a problem wit installations mostly r solved by reinstalling, but drivers n directx where never an issue 2 me so i couldnt figure what was the steps 2 manually solve it! now i have my 50+ games up n running again!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!  ^_^