AnsweredAssumed Answered

Asus Crosshair VI Extreme 1 long 3 short Beep warning with VGA and BOOT led?

Question asked by candasulas on Jun 25, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2020 by hardcoregames™

Hello to everyone. I own an Asus X370 Crosshair Extreme motherboard.
I'm having an interesting problem.

After purchasing my motherboard, I updated the BIOS with the Flashback feature. I installed the system properly. I installed Windows and drivers.

Then I installed the windows updates. After using it for a few days, I turned off the computer. When I opened it in the morning, the computer did not have a screenshot. 1 Long 3 Short beeps. In addition, the VGA led and the Boot led were on.

I reset the BIOS. I removed the processor. I distributed the entire system. I tried individual rams. I tried the video card. I tried the power supply. There is no malfunction in any of the components. But the motherboard behaves strangely. I tried different versions of the BIOS again, the result did not change. I always get the same sound and led alert. I tried to install and supply power with different graphics cards ram and processor, the result did not change.

When I insert the video card into the second PCIE X16 slot, the system operates normally and boots up. However, when it is inserted into the first slot, the system warns as I described the reaction. No image appears on the screen.

My system components are as follows;
AMD Ryzen 3800x
Asus ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
GSKILL Tridentz RGB 4X16 GB 3200 MHZ DDR4
Asus ROG Strix VEGA 64
Corsair RM850X PSU.

I talked to the distributor of the motherboard and explained the problem. We will find a solution. but I want to ask here too. Has anyone had a similar problem? Or what would you suggest me to do?

Outcomes