cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

willanaya
Journeyman III

20.5.1 Download Problems and more...

I am trying to download Adrenaline 20.5.1. However, when it starts, my system hangs 5 seconds into the install procedure and then 30 seconds later, my system will reboot.

My pc:

Ryzen 7 3700X

MotherBoard: MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi

Windows 10: Build 1904

Ram: 32GB 3600 Mhz

Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700

I am trying to see if this download is causing my triple monitor setup snafu. Just recently installed and at first it worked great, all independent. After some tinkering and clicking on the "Eyefinity" option on the Adrenaline app for Fallout 4, everything went haywire:

1. all three monitors cloned

2. main monitor had tearing

I had BestBuy Geek Squad look at it and they did the DDU for my graphics driver, uninstall and reinstall and everything seemed back to normal except in the display settings, I could not switch my monitors around through its settings. I had to plug each monitor in it's respective DisplayPort (by the way all three monitors are connected through three separate DisplayPort cables) for them to display in the order I wanted them to.

I was messing with my computer again, and lo and behold, all three screens are cloned again.  I think it occurred when I thought I knew something about computers.  Or when I tried to change the resolution to 5760 x 1080, which it did but when I switched back, all three were cloned.

Does any of this have to do with not having 20.5.1? 

0 Likes
0 Replies