cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

New bug reporting tool in new version of drivers, available for download now.

Why is it AMD reps can post information like this on Reddit and not here? Also there is a suite of bugfixes as well.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-wsl-support

10 Replies

Why wouldn't they give out information in THEIR OWN FORUMS? Simple that would make sense. 

Thanks for the heads up!

0 Likes

Hey if you have the link to that redit thread please post it.

0 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/hb43xa/new_amd_bug_reporting_tool_comes_with_wsl_driver/

0 Likes

Thanks I added the following to the thread over there:

Appreciate the new feature.

As one of the top people that helps your users in your forums I am wondering something.

Couldn't you guys participate and try to pass along this information in the AMD Community forums?

There are only a couple AMD mods and one guy from the pro team that ever contributes in AMD's own forums.

It would be awesome to have input from you and those like you that could do so much more to help your customers.

0 Likes

Here's the TomsHardware report on it. It also will apparently automatically collect all your system specs, which is a major boon for the less technically inclined, plus speed up the reporting progress.

It has bugs and a few problems. 

Looking at this application note:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt 

Overview

The AMD Bug Report Tool is a standalone utility designed to allow AMD application users to report bugs directly to AMD.

When sending a bug report, the tool automatically captures necessary system software/hardware configuration details, eliminating the need for manual input.

---> BUT NO OPT OUT IF USER DOES NOT WANT TO SEND THE DATA!!!
---> Is that even legally OK?

The tool also provides the option for attaching supporting files such as screenshots and pictures, this collection of information can help us better understand and investigate the reported issue.

The AMD Bug Report Tool supports Windows® 10 64-bit systems based on the AMD Ryzen™ platform or equipped with AMD Radeon™ graphics.

NOTE! Only reports submitted on the latest version of AMD applications or driver will be reviewed. Therefore, it is recommended to install the latest version of the AMD application or driver for your AMD product and verify that the issue still exists before submitting your issue using the AMD Bug Report Tool.

---> IF the BUG Reporting tool incorrectly detects the Drivers as 19.12.1 when you actually have 20.7.1 installed, your report is ignored!!!
---> IF Adrenalin 2020 20.7.1 will not install at all then I cannot report it.

Programmers are supposed to think logically.
Who thought this up?
If your bug reporting tool cannot even report bugs properly it does not leave much hope.
---> If you are going to ignore reports that are not the latest version of the software then stop the reporting tool.

You can still report bugs online.

Right at the bottom of this:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt 

It says:

Alternatively, if you would like to use the existing survey form to report a bug with Radeon Software, please select your platform:

Another point.
PSUs bigger than 1400W do exist.

0 Likes

Oh - it appears that AMD Have Updated the Application Note and removed this section:

"Alternatively, if you would like to use the existing survey form to report a bug with Radeon Software, please select your platform:

"

I give up.

Have to remember that the bulk of people are not that well technically informed, so an automatic data collection tool is much more useful for AMD than the garbage they usually get quite likely.

Have you looked at the data it takes?
I think it should be an option.
I am fine with an option to allow it to it auto detect system information such as What CPU RAM GPU you have on your PC.
You should be able to edit that information though, since you can change PC configuration just to report an issue.

As long as it doesn't collect the number of pictures you have opened or a list of websites you have visited, it collects less data than Windows 10 or your ISP.