cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jasonjylin
Journeyman III

Black screen and green screen randomly into restart (Red Devil RX 5700 XT)

Hi I've been black screening and green screening a lot especially in games and my computer will immediately reboot after this happens. My temps and everything were fine before I decided to install only the drivers and left the radeon software.

Things I have tried:

- using ddu before any driver installation
- installing older drivers

- turning off all radeon software settings

- installing driver only

- updating bios

- set pcie to gen 3

- uefi

- disabling xmp

- changing power plans

- uninstalling every other thing that could tinker with settings (dragon center, ryzen master, afterburner, etc)

- changing from hdmi to dp and back and forth

- mightve missed a few

My PSU is a S12III 550w 80+ bronze

but idk if the psu is the problem because I ran the OCCT power test and the computer didn't crash

other specs:
Ryzen 5 3600 (stock, no ryzen master installed)

MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max (newest bios)

Team T-Force Vulcan 3200mhz  2x8gb

WD SN 750

Red Devil RX 5700 XT

0 Likes
7 Replies
lph
Adept I

I have a 5600 XT and had crashes and for me it helped to lower the frequency and voltage in gpu tuning in adrenaline.

0 Likes

I don't have radeon software anymore it was causing even more crashes so I only have the drivers now

0 Likes
dinuxt
Journeyman III

I had the same problem on my Rx 5700 constantly geting green screens and restart. The problem is the adrenalin softweare with all those stupid just marketing features like radeon boost, image sharpening, enhanced sync, anti lag etc. They cause problems with the game engine of many games i think. It's just stupid releasing some bs features without proper testing them. The problem can be fixed using Greatherthenpie "fixing amd broken drivers" video from youtube. Basically the problem is whenever you install the adrenalin driver it gives you 3 option for settings: gaming, performance or standard. The common mistake all people do is selecting gaming you have to select standard settings. This is way you need to reinstall the driver using factory reset and deleting previous driver and settings and select standard preset. Using the gaming setting will automatically activate some features that interfere with the engine of many games and applications and are the cause of the crashes and that can't be turned off without reinstalling the driver.

0 Likes

I tried this before too, didn't work, now I just completely got rid of radeon software

0 Likes

Ryzen 3000 series processors work way better on B550 and X570 motherboards

0 Likes

So you don’t think it’s a gpu problem?

0 Likes

The Red Devil cards are well made, 20.5.1 is stable

0 Likes