AnsweredAssumed Answered

XFX RX 590 Stuttering

Question asked by mindseye on Jun 19, 2020
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2020 by chris_95

Hello to all of you reading this,

I seem to be frustrated with how my GPU is handling games, especially the new generation titles, including Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Fortnite, even struggling on some older games like Call of Duty Black Ops 1, as well as the popular CS:GO game (frametime graphs are attached below, so y'all know what I mean). I originally had the OC+ version of the XFX RX 590 Fatboy, but RMA'd it and now have the standard version of it (where it boosts up to 1545MHz), temps peak to 80c, but isn't big of a concern as it's within operating range. Tried deactivating the Game Bar, disabling fullscreen optimizations, as well as reinstalling Windows 10, revision. 1909, and updating it to rev. 2004, and vice versa, then reinstalling & downgrading the drivers, to no avail. Thought it was the CPU and RAM causing those stutters but once I upgraded recently to what I have now, the stutters are still there, so now I'm thinking the GPU must be the culprit behind it all. Also worth noting I even tried fiddling with the Radeon settings, turning on and off things like Anti Lag, and even turning on V Sync, but the stutters were sadly still there. Are there ways I can try to make the stutter go away and have a flawless stutter free gaming experience like the GPU was intended to have? Lastly I would like to say my percentile lows are significantly lower, with the margin gaps being much wider than in the benchmark videos, where they would usually be much narrower and would expect things like the 0.1% low being 90-100-something FPS, but are below that for me. LatencyMon showed that dxgkrnl.sys, as well as either HDAudio.sys or ndis.sys were reporting high latencies. I am aiming for high minimums, AS WELL AS high percentile figures, specifically the 0.1% low, so that again I get a flawless experience. I run a 60Hz monitor, but despite that I am still aiming for high FPS. Also tried defragging my HDDs w/ Defraggler to no avail. On desktop, everything runs ok, but the stuttering issue carries over to WebGL based games like Bullet Force and Krunker.io. Also transferred CS:GO and BO1 over to my SSD to see if it'd make a difference, but the stutters were still there despite lower loading times to map.

UserBenchmarks: Game 70%, Desk 117%, Work 119%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - 91.1%
GPU: AMD RX 590 - 64.1%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB - 229.7%
HDD: WD WD10EURX 1TB - 70.8%
HDD: Hitachi HUS724040ALE640 4TB - 80%
USB: Dynex SDXDUSB Reader 32GB - 6.4%
RAM: Unknown TEAMGROUP-UD4-3600 4x8GB - 115.7%
MBD: ASRock B450 Gaming K4

EDIT: Shoulda added that there is coil whine every time I play.

Attachments

Outcomes