cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sr_rokib
Adept I

Amd Chipsed Driver Installation: 1720 error

AMD Chipset Driver: 2.05.04.352 (same happened to 2.04.xxx)

Currently i am unable to install the latest amd chipset driver on Msi B450 gaming pro carbon ac. The message i kept receiving is this screenshot here.

Post image

AMD Chipset 1720 error-MSI_EXTRACT SCRIPT ERROR

I have also submitted the installation log with the attached file

I am on the latest windows 2004 build. with 3700x. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have attached a Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter. See if it helps any. You can use this MS Troubleshooter to uninstall the old AMD CHIPSET driver which may be causing your issue and install the new version of CHIPSET drivers.

Also delete C:\AMD CHIPSET folder in the Root directory before trying to install the drivers again.

Also make sure you have the latest UEFI/BIOS version installed for your Motherboard.

I see you tried to install your Motherboard's own AMD CHIPSET Driver version 2.05.04.352.

AMD latest CHIPSET driver version is 2.04.28.626 from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450 

Does a previous AMD CHIPSET driver version installs without any problems or errors? or you still get the same Error 1720?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have attached a Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter. See if it helps any. You can use this MS Troubleshooter to uninstall the old AMD CHIPSET driver which may be causing your issue and install the new version of CHIPSET drivers.

Also delete C:\AMD CHIPSET folder in the Root directory before trying to install the drivers again.

Also make sure you have the latest UEFI/BIOS version installed for your Motherboard.

I see you tried to install your Motherboard's own AMD CHIPSET Driver version 2.05.04.352.

AMD latest CHIPSET driver version is 2.04.28.626 from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450 

Does a previous AMD CHIPSET driver version installs without any problems or errors? or you still get the same Error 1720?

I tried the "MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab" application and uninstalled every amd softwares (with the amd settings too). then restart and tried installing the chipset driver again. "IT WORKED".. Thanks a lot elstaci 

That is a very useful MS troubleshooter. I would keep it on your computer for future use.

Here is another useful MS Troubleshooter you might need in the future called Hide/Unhide Windows update Troubleshooter.

If Microsoft ever installed a bad Windows Update, you can use this troubleshooter to "Hide" the update so that Windows Update won't install it any more in the future.

I have attached it to this reply if you are interested.

I will gladly keep it in my storage for future reference. Thanks again