cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

deepbass909
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 20.x causes flashes with RX570

I've got a bit of an annoying problem. With the Adrenalin 18 or 19 version of driver, my system operates without any problem, but as soon as I install the 20-version, screenflicker and distortion occurs when certain programs are visible:

The adrenalin control panel happens to be one of the triggers. An other, more troublesome trigger seems to be Citrix, with I really need to be able to work from home.

The GPU is an ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX570 8G OC

The monitors are LG 24MK600's

Other specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Wraith Boxed
  • Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar
  • Memory: G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16D-16GISB
  • PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • Windows 10 Pro 64bit updated with the latest updates.

The system runs perfect under high load. I can use eyefinity @ 3840x1080 without any problems, but on the desktop with minimal load, the flicker starts.

0 Likes
1 Reply
xiatian
Adept II

This seems like the same issue as described in Radeon VII flickering and artifacts when attaching a second monitor. If you leave just one display enabled (the Show only on 1 option in display settings should work), does flickering go away?

The issue was, as far as I can surmise, introduced with the driver version that added Navi support and might have been fixed for a very short while in Radeon Software version 19.5.2 (I have yet to test that version myself, though). I had this behaviour on HD7950 starting no later than February of 2019 and bought a Radeon VII thinking my card was fried only to get the same problems with the new card.

0 Likes