Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rodu
Adept I

Problems with the ReLive function with RX580

Hi

I have a Sapphire Pulse RX580 and use Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2. My OS is Windows 10 64bit. 

I use the Instant Replay function for recording the funny moments in games.

Unfortunatly when its on, the game is stuttering/cutting every 5 - 10 seconds.

Its impossible to play a shooter like that. I changed every possible settings for the quality, changed the save location but no changes.

The only thing that helped, was to uninstall the driver 20.4.2 and to install the 20.2.2. Every drive newer had the same problem. Are you aware of this problem? Hope you can help me, thank you very much.

0 Likes
14 Replies
jedisaiyan
Adept I

You're not alone my friend many people have problems with this thing.
What is funny, in OBS with installed AMD codec, everything works with no problem, no green/black screen, no audio problems etc.

Best option is OBS Studio you can make even replays.

I give up on ReLive, works 10/100 times.
ReLive compared to Shadowplay is very bad.
I hope in future drivers they gonna make ReLive as optional to install feature at this point ReLive is a bloatware just like 3/4 of Radeon Software.

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Can you update to 20.5.1?

0 Likes

I updated the driver to 20.5.1 but the problem is still existing. And other problems are added with this driver. Can`t start the metrics overlay (GPU Temp, GPU load etc), can`t save the replay, nothing works correctly. Thats really frustrating.

So back to 20.2.2.

0 Likes
gabes
Journeyman III

My question is how do I even record the last minute? I can't find the option anymore on adrenaline. I am using RX 470.

0 Likes

Press Ctrl+Shift+S

But first it has to be activated. Upper right at the settings - general.

Activate instant replay.

Please give feedback how it works with your card. Is it stuttering/lagging when activate?

0 Likes
gabes
Journeyman III

1. I have activated it, it worked in windows then I booted the game. I started to play a little and attempt to save the last 30 seconds and it didn't work at all. I tried even to record and still nothing. Then I disabled and reenabled the instant reply and it worked.

2. Regarding the lag. I did notice a few seconds of stuttering after every clip I saved. It is like a drop in FPS. The smoothness comes back to normal in about 4-5 seconds. Is this what you experience as well? I am on 20.4.2.

3. Besides these, what bitrate you use for recording? I used to have great results on 4000-5000 Kbps but this was like a year ago before the new adrenaline interface when it used to look like this https://images.techhive.com/images/article/2016/12/radeon-relive-bar-100697265-orig.jpg  

It was so much better and simpler before than it is now. 

0 Likes

1 + 2.  I had too problems with recording with the newer drivers non WHQL. When instant replay turned on, and when I press Ctrl+Shift+S nothing happened. When I used the WHQL drivers it works, but the game is stuttering every 5 - 10 seconds. The game is stuttering all the time, it doesn`t matter wheter i press Ctrl+Shift+S as long as the function "instant replay" in the software is turned on. When I turn it off, it doesn`t stutter but  I can`t record. Only the driver 20.2.2 works fine. But the driver 20.2.2 has other problems hehe.

3. I used very low bitrate, something between 300 and 600 Kbps.

I have no issues with my RX580 and still using version 19.12.1...you might try it. Also it is popular to use this version and thru Device Manager install the drivers only from a newer update.

0 Likes
gabes
Journeyman III

How do you guys have access to the older version of drivers? I doubt  I can find them on amd.com

0 Likes

When you look up a driver, scroll down to the bottom and you will see 'Previous Drivers'.

0 Likes

0 Likes
rodu
Adept I

So I tried the new driver 20.7.1. Same crap here. Im going to sell my RX580 and buy a GeForce card. AMD is unable to make a driver that works fine.

0 Likes
gabes
Journeyman III

Had 970 gtx from Nvidia. It had many moments where their shadow play was simply not recording or saving past minute videos with only solution available to reset the pc. Hopefully you won't get into that glitch either. 

0 Likes

I have had for many years a nvidia card and never had such driver problems. I thought let`s give AMD a chance and try the RX 580. This graphics card is really okay (the temps could be cooler ), but the driver is poor.

0 Likes