• GPU Driver: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2
  • Type: Desktop (personal build)
  • Monitor: Lenovo L24Q-10 connected via HDMI
  • Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W Gold
  • RAM: 2x Aorus 8GB DDR4 3200 [GP-AR32C16S8K2HU416R]

Describe your issue:

After launching a game (specially CS:GO) it takes between 10 seconds and 10 minutes for the screen to go black. Audio is still there for another 5 seconds and then the PC has to be hard-reset.

After the restart there are no issues until another game is launched. (Only once has this happened whilst on the desktop without any games running)

The last 4 driver versions available have been tested; always with a clean install by removing first any traces of previous drivers.

The Event Viewer reports always the same issues:

1. The atidgllk service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
  2. The atillk64 service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
  3. Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5ebeeeda

The device manager reports a different driver version (with the same date though) and the DLLs in the Event Viewer logs are not listed in the driver files.

GPU drivers.PNG

0 Likes
3 Replies
ableau
Adept II

I got a very similar issue:

https://community.amd.com/message/2982236 

What is the resolution of your screen?

I rolled-back to 20.1.3; I keep my fingers crossed.

0 Likes

2560 x 1440 but I tried before with an older 1080 screen connected to DP in the GPU and then an adapter DP to VGA on the screen. 2 completely different configurations and still the same issue.

0 Likes

Interesting; you got black screens with HDMI and VGA, I got them with DP, so I think this rules out interface-specific or cable specific problems.

0 Likes