AnsweredAssumed Answered

MSI RX 580 BSOD Video TDR Failure amdkmdag.sys/amdkmpag.sys

Question asked by globalgenocide on Jun 13, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2020 by globalgenocide

Hi,

Yesterday(13/06/2020) I was gaming while watching youtube on my second monitor when I suddenly had a BSOD with the Video TDR Failure -- amdkmpag.sys error. At one point during the BSOD cycling the error code changed to amdkmdag.sys with the same Video TDR Failure.

After this happened my windows 10 pro became unaccessible due the same BSOD crash as soon as my computer reached the windows pin entry screen. I have used safe mode to remove my graphics drivers(with DDU) which is what was suggested in the fixes online but as soon as I attempt to reinstall the drivers I experience the same crash again... I can load into normal windows as long as I don't install my graphics drivers which I need to get my 2nd monitor working and get performance out of the GPU obviously.

I have dowloaded the .sys files from the net and placed them into my win32 folder incase they were corrupted somehow but this hasn't helped at all.

I have attempted to use multiple driver versions from the driver page including; Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1 Optional, Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Recommended (WHQL) and I also gave the Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise a crack just incase. Prior to my current issue I was using the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Recommended (WHQL) driver.

I have also tried SFC /Scannow in cmd but no errors are found.

I have made sure all power cables are seated correctly, checked the graphics card hasn't moved somehow etc

My computer is less than 2 weeks old, I had it running completely fine running a variety of applications/games before encountering this problem yesterday. I have not as yet overclocked anything. Very frustrating to say the least.

Computer specs;
PSU: SilverStone ST75F-GS 750W Strider Gold Power Supply

MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i5 9600K 6 Core LGA 1151 3.7GHz CPU Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo CPU Cooler Red Cover
GPU: MSI Radeon RX580 ARMOR 8G OC Graphics Card
RAM: Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance R

System SSD: WD Green 480GB 3D NAND 2.5in SSD x2 in Raid 1

Thanks for reading.

Outcomes