AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unusual jagged lines in vertical slices

Question asked by fallyhn on Jun 12, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2020 by fallyhn

When viewing any static image on my display I see strange jagged lines. The lines are most clear on a curve or angled edge in the image. I've included a couple pictures to show what I am seeing. One is a portion of a normal picture that I would display on the screen, the other is just a set of black lines at about a 45 degree angle with a solid background. The second at least should make it clear what I'm talking referring to.

It almost seems like there are invisible vertical dividers or lines at even increments that cause the image to jerk upward (or downward) as a line in the image passes through the invisible vertical divider-line.

I've installed the latest AMD drivers (v20.4.2) for the AMD R7 240 card and maxed out Anti-Aliasing and a few other options in the hope that it would help. Any advice on how to resolve this would be most appreciated.

I'm using a 4k TCL 55" TV as the display. When I play anything else on the TV I don't see any of these artifacts, it's only when using the TV for a computer monitor that I see this effect, so I'm convinced the card is causing it, or something related to the computer, at least.

Outcomes