steve6540

RX 570 Error 43 - Cannot Install New Drivers

Discussion created by steve6540 on Jun 10, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2020 by steve6540

Hello,

I recently purchased a used RX 570 from a friend of mine. When I installed it, initially I got error code 43. I tried downloading the most recent drivers off the AMD site, but when I go to run the installer my computer BSODs with "MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION" as the error. Using DDU and removing both AMD and Nvidia drivers didn't help. 

I read that  atikmdag-patcher-1.4.8.zip could help with some of this issues, so I downloaded it. I ran DDU in safemode, removed my Nvidia drivers, removed my AMD drivers and ran it. I no longer have error 43 and can use my two monitors properly. But, I still cannot install the most recent drivers. I get the same problem as before; my computer crashes as the installer loads (after the animation and sound). Right now I'm using the ones that came on the CD (2017).

In atikmdag-patcher-1.4.8.zip, it finds all of the fields except "SL-DVI limit on DL-DVI"

I tried ignoring this and going on with the old drivers, but when I tried to run a game (COD Warzone), it crashes with error code "COD WARZONE: FATAL ERROR 0X00000001411700A0 7544987 0XC000001D - amdxc64.dll". This seems to indicate a problem with the drivers... that I can't install because it crashes xD

Sorry for no photos, I'm away from the computer in question until Friday. Thank you in advance for any help!

Outcomes