cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spideyman
Adept I

AMD RX Vega M - AMD driver & software support removed?

I've owned a few laptops over the years and have been unfortunate enough to buy a few with AMD video processors included on the motherboard. Support for these integrated video cards was always horrible. Fast forward to 2018 and the AMD RX Vega M on the Dell XPS 15 2-in-1. The system has been crashing in Windows 10 build 1909 with system dumps pointing to an AMD driver error running on the AMD Drivers shipped by Dell. I located the most recent AMD RX Vega drivers on AMD's web site and what do you know? As of May 2020 AMD pulled support for the RX Vega M from the Adrenalin 2020 drivers without a word to the public. Intel is also not keeping current with AMD drivers on their web site for this famed Kaby Lake GPU.

The latest drivers that work with the Kaby Lake are Adrenalin 2020 20.1.4. Looks like this is going to be the end of the road. Why would anyone believe AMD would ever do the right thing for their customer base? Another dead end product. What is the official response from AMD?

This is so typical of AMD and is exactly what I've experienced with other laptops with AMD GPU's over the years. Never again.

0 Likes
0 Replies