devoureros

5 minutes and 30 seconds in to testing using Prime95

Discussion created by devoureros on Jun 8, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2020 by pokester

No matter what limits I set in the motherboard for power, I have even tried using the Ryzen Master, my PPT will just go crazy and over heat the system and shut it down. I am talking about it going well over the 1k watts that is normal for it. It will just start going crazy and keep going. This takes less than 5 seconds after it hits the 5:30 min mark. It still does the same thing while gaming, but takes about an hour and half of non stop gaming.  I will be going for 5 minutes and 29 seconds with a peak of only 43C with all cores at 100%, then it just goes crazy. The same thing with gaming. If I get over 50C it is rare, and is only for a second or so. That is until the power go through the roof. I going to add a few pictures and several core temp logs, a few are from before I went crazy adding more cooling to my tower.

I am going to run another test, just to try and get a better log for you all, but I stop them before it shuts down. I am at 24c right now, that is not much above my room temp.

When this new test is done I will add the csv log to this post.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

Cooling: 6 50 to 75+ CFM 120mm case fans, the Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm AIO, 1 RAM cooler, two smaller RAM coolers over my NB's and VRM.

GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Super Sea Hawk, hybrid with AIO cooler.

RAM: G.Skill 32 GB 16x2 C16 3600MHz

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi

PSU: Corsair CM750x (old, but running great, just waiting for something to come back in stock)

OS: Clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build  19041.264

Outcomes