Describe your system:
- AMD Graphics Card - RX 5700 XT Anniversary edition
- Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
- Driver version installed: 20.5.1
- Display Devices: Samsung S24E370D 1080p @75Hz with AMD freesync (Stock 60Hz) Using DP kable
- Motherboard + Bios Revision: MSI B450 Mortar Max (Version: 7B89V26)
- CPU/APU: AMD 3700x
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage: Seasonic Focus GX80 plus Gold 650 Watt
- RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 DIMM CL17
- GPU settings used: Used all stock settings and custom manual setting (fan curve to max 80% and decreasing GPU frequency by 10%)
- Games tested: GTA5, Call of Duty, Pubg
Describe your issue:
I have recently made a new system and have been facing this issue. I have used stock settings for GPU as well as used manual settings (underclocking to reduce heat). In both the settings my screen goes Black or flickers in small horizontal patches (0-2 secs duration) after every 15min to 1hr (don't have approx time) and its more during gaming. Everything works (keyboard, audio, mouse) as usual during a blackout or flicker and after few seconds the screen comes back again. PC never went to shutdown.
Already tried doing the following stuff but nothing worked out:
1) Re-installing AMD driver software with completely wiping old software (from driver software itself)
2) Re-installing using safe mode and wiping drivers using DDU and installing new one again
3) Switching off AMD Freesync and running the display on 60Hz stock
4) Using all default settings in tuning control (default, undervolt/overclock GPU and overclock VRAM) and also used a manual setting (Just moving the fan curve to 80% max)
5) Adjusting the PICE slot from Auto to PCIE 3.0 in the Bios.
6) Reconnecting DP cable
Please tell me how to fix this flicker or blackout problem. It's a problem when playing action games.