cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

blazed
Journeyman III

Windows does an AMD display driver Update After (sometimes days) I've installed Adrenalin causing issues

After Adrenalin driver install with DDU in safemode, sometime later (maybe a day or two), Windows will update with an AMD display driver from like 2018, which interferes with the Adrenalin drivers, preventing Radeon software from opening and causing games to fail to start or crash which use Vulkan. Is there any way to prevent this update from occurring, or to some how disable it?

0 Likes
5 Replies
enragedn3wb
Adept II

In the settings for DDU there is an option to have it completely disable windows automatic driver downloads:

This option has worked to stop windows from messing with my drivers for me so far.

0 Likes

Thanks, that looks like exactly what I was looking for. I will give that a try.

0 Likes

However, I am wondering, will this only prevent an update during the removal process, or will it prevent the updates from happening from that point onward?

0 Likes

Afaik it changes an entry in the windows registry to off, so it should be permanent unless you change it back, or possibly a major window update rewrites it. I've seen other programs that provide similar tweaks(Winareo Tweaker).

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

What AMD software version? 20.5.1?

0 Likes