I've just purchased a Samsung CRG9 monitor (5120 x 1440) and I have been struggling to get it to work at its native resolution.
I have tried both the display port cable that came with the monitor and one of my own.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting groundbreaking performance with my r9 Fury at that resolution, but for God's sake I was hoping to at least be able to render my DESKTOP at that resolution.
Here's what I've tried:
- change display port cables
- try different DP port on GPU
- change from DP 1.4 -> 1.2 -> 1 1
- set custom resolution on AMD Control Centre (gives an error message saying resolution not supported)
- uninstall current drivers and install newest drivers
- power cycle monitor
- power cycle computer
- turning freesync off/on
- switching between freesync standard and premium
- changing from 10bit colour to 8bit
This card can output 4k@60hz which has more pixels than the ultrawide resolution so surely it's possible?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.