cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

astronaut98
Journeyman III

New(ish) PC Random Restart. NEED HELP!!

I built a PC about 3 months ago, and everything went pretty well, no complaints. But about 4 weeks ago my pc started randomly restarting. It would just completely cut out and then boot back up within 10 seconds (sometimes instantly, sometimes after a short window).

I have tried to rule out a lot of the usual suspects and just generally tested most of the system the best I knew how. The crashes never happen under extreme load (this is probably just a coincidence though), temperatures are always quite low, mem test turned out good, and my SSD is in good health.

Looking through reliability checker on windows it only ever just says "windows was not shut down properly". In event viewer the following two events are always (from what I can tell) associated with the crash:

The AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

and kernel power 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

It usually happens once every 2 or 3 days and when it happens it tends to happen back to back in a short window 2 or 3 times. I'm at my wits end and don't really know where else to turn to. Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

System:

Rx 590 fatboy

desktop

windows 10 64 bit

radeon adrenalin 20.5.1 and the latest amd chipset drivers

aoc G2590FX, hdmi connection @144Hz

ASrock b450mPRO (not sure where to check for the drivers of that but I know they are the latest because when I check the ASshop for driver updates nothing comes up)

ryzen 2600x

EVGA bq 600W 80+ bronze

16gb 3200mhz corsair vengeance

Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
0 Replies