cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

arras
Journeyman III

Rx 5700 XT Black screen fixed but games/video still freeze

Been dealing with the black screen issue since January and in a recent driver update, the black screen issue had been fixed.  Lately, though, in games and videos (movies, youtube, etc) the video will just freeze and the system is only slightly responsive - I can open up task manager or do a restart, but it'll never restart.  Always have to do a hard shut down.

Lately, it's been getting worse.  It had been a random issue, sometimes I could go hours and hours gaming and watching YouTube with no issues and other times it would lock constantly.  

I've done a fresh install of windows, run DDU and reinstalled the drivers.  Pretty much all the display options are disabled.  Event viewer doesn't show much, I've been trying to parse through it but there doesn't seem to be anything indicating a crash or what's causing the freezing.

Power supply doesn't show any issues, hardware was all purchased in December/January.  Temps are good

I am on Win10 2004 and have disabled Game Mode but that didn't seem to do very much

0 Likes
4 Replies
haxo
Adept I

add Tdr delay registry to fix the system hang. but well, it wont solve the game hang/crash issue.

im on vega 56 and the problem is same.

on the event viewer only listed "amdkdapamdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

arras
Journeyman III

I did add the registry value, not sure how much it's helped.  It's hard to tell when it's such a random occurrence.  I did notice that Armoury Crate (ASUS motherboard app) was crashing, so I've uninstalled it and rebooted.  So far this morning, it's been ok

0 Likes

well its only help to recover your system back from hang, but not for game. i wanted to try WDDM but, need to wait till amd release it. hope all rx series able to use it

0 Likes
vasilisk
Adept I

Hey, I had the same issue and I tried everything check my last comment in my thread. It is fixed for me !!!! 

Sapphire RX 5700 XT nitro + Crashes after ~20-30 seconds after a game launches 

0 Likes