Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kiririin
Journeyman III

Radeon Rx 590 driver crash

Hello, I guess?

I'll be honest, I'm new to this type of forum so if I say something silly ignore please.

It will be almost a year since I built my pc after some time in a part-time job

Ryzen 5 2600 / Sapphire Radeon Rx 590 Nitro+ Special edition ( the one that looks like an egg) / Biostar b350 gt3/ 16 ram 2400mhz

I have a tragic and comical story with my computer from the moment I installed the damn windows 10 on it. Got a messed ram but this doesn't matter, the problem is the gpu: crashes everytime on games that need a "decent use of the gpu" like gta v. I have fixed the crashes in the last year but the nightmare returned within the free copy of the game.

Randomly the game crashes with ou without a black screen that requires to restart the pc. Checked event log and every single time there's a radeon software crash at the same time of the crash of the game, like this:

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, timestamp: 0x5ebeeeda
Faulty module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, timestamp: 0x5ebeeeda
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000412967
Failed process ID: 0x38fc
Failed application start time: 0x01d63722fa787c35
Faulting application path: C: \ Program Files \ AMD \ CNext \ CNext \ Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulty module path: C: \ Program Files \ AMD \ CNext \ CNext \ Radeonsoftware.exe
Report ID: e0be6c0e-a7c7-49a9-b182-17baba0747f9
Failed package full name:
Application ID for the failed package:

Of course the software resets the changes of the fan curve and the others things, guess I can have a Fan curve degree after changing it many times.

In the last year I've had some similar crashes but fixed it turning off the zero rpm and locking the min/max clock, but this time this doesn't seen to work.

I have also checked other events in the same minute and found this one:

The driver detected an internal driver error at \ Device \ VBoxNetLwf.

My driver version is 20.4.2, recently updated and I can't remember the old version. Something I have noted in the update is that even with cleaning the old one, after the restart the update not continued and I had to reopen the installer myself.

Also tried to set the settings to default in the software but the crashes happen earlier than before, bruh moment.

In games like emulators, common use softwares and things like this it doesn't happen.

The informations are very messed but I think they are understandable. I really love this egg like gpu, but with crashes that happen more than the times that I kissed some girl, I feel disappointed with amd. My old pc was a fx 4300 with overheating problems, so I recovered my trust on amd with this new one.

thanks in advance.

0 Likes
0 Replies