AnsweredAssumed Answered

CPU/MB freeze?

Question asked by davo on May 30, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2020 by davo

Hi there

I bought a ready made PC about 6 months ago and from day one it freezes. The freezing tends to increase when playing games or using video editing software and happens multiple times per day, sometimes within minutes of playing a game or using software. Game settings don't make a difference and it doesn't really matter what age the game is. It can also freeze when "resting" although this is rare, maybe once in a week.

By “freezing” I mean the mouse and keyboard both work but I can no longer open anything and when I click on the reset button in windows and it just stays on the “restart” screen. 

When I switch to onboard graphics however there is still the occasional freeze but no where near as bad as when using the rx580. Initially I thought this was a graphics card problem and replaced it but it has made no difference. I also replaced a number of other components, please see below:

original build:

ASUS B450M-A 

Ryzen 5 3400g with VEGA graphics

1x8gb corsair ram (replaced with 2x8gb 2400mhz hyperx)

MSI RX580 armour OC 8gb (replaced with MSI GTX1650s 4gb)

250gb Toshiba SSD

2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Coolermaster MWE 230v 500w PSU (replaced with Thermaltake BX1 750w).

All my drivers are up to date. I changed the power settings in windows, I over watted and underwatted the RX580 I had at the time, I enabled xmp/docp on the RAM.

Prior to sending this I did a test with cinebench and saved Speccy results which are attached. The computer did freeze while doing the test but it continued doing the test until it was finished, Speccy results are just prior to it freezing. I had to hard reset once it was done. CPU and MB temps were at 76 degrees Celsius if that helps.

I don't know if this is a hardware issue a temperature issue or a BIOS issue. 

Any help would be appreciated. If you need anymore info please let me know.

Attachments

Outcomes