AnsweredAssumed Answered

tpm and amd-v virtualization problems with ryzen 2500u

Question asked by 6equj5 on May 31, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2020 by 6equj5

As answered by @sinatosk on this forum, https://community.amd.com/message/2925719?commentID=2925719#comment-2925719?q=amdgpu , even I am facing virtualization issues on my laptop.

My laptop is unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate properly. I thought this was limited to my build because of an issue in HP's bios. But after seeing the thread above, it seems to be an issue everywhere (on Windows and Linux).

This would be a huge setback in sales as students, who want to buy AMD laptops for being cheaper than Intel ones, will realize that tools and features won't work properly, as in my case.

I have received two BIOS updates which dealt with Windows update 1903, and RAM allocation to the integrated(discrete) Radeon mobile gfx. In between somewhere, I lost the TPM. The power issues related to virtualization are yet to be fixed.

The TPM shows up in Device Manager but doesn't in the Security chip page in Windows Security.

When I reached out to HP via their WhatsApp customer care, they simply nudged it aside, saying it is AMD who's responsible, even though I pointed out multiple times that the BIOS is made by HP. They said the AMD-v toggle is just pointed to in the BIOS but isn't shipped/coded/set by HP. But AMD customer care said otherwise, that it's the vendor's responsibility.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Will AMD look into this issue??

Build: HP Envy x360 Ryzen 2500u with Radeon Vega 8 Mobile Gfx

Windows 1909

Attachments

Outcomes