Summary of Issue Upgrading (or even a clean install) to Windows 10 2004 fails with two errors: (BSOD)
1. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG ERROR (installation continues after it dumps and reboots, but once in the OS the below mentioned problem exists)
2. If I delete the AMD driver 20.5.1 and force it to use The Microsoft standard driver I can install Windows 10 2004. However, when finally updating to 20.5.1 windows will hang and eventually BSOD with DRIVER POWER STATE ERROR
Both of these BSODS are directly related to the latest AMD display driver 20.5.1 (and I suspect the default driver installed in windows update as well).
If I DDU the driver in safe mode and use DDU to prevent windows from downloading a NEW display driver (aka remove all traces of AMD display drivers) all is well. I can shutdown windows and start it up with no issues. But as soon as I update to ANY AMD driver (latest included) the abovementioned issues return and I am forced to return to version 1909.
- Motherboard (ASUS ROG X399-E Gaming)
- CPU (AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X)
- PSU (Antec HCP1000 Platinum Power Supply 1000 Watts)
- Display Make, Model and Type (Powercolor Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil Overclocked Triple-Fan 8GB)
- System Memory (64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600)
- GPU/VBIOS (Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700XT 8GB (017.001.000.049))
- OS (Windows 10 x64 (18363.836))
- Driver (Radeon: Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1)
- Applications (N/A the entire OS is affected)
- Background Apps (see above)
Steps to Reproduce (install or upgrade to Windows 10 2004 with any AMD display drivers)