cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

twang
Adept I

Displayport suddenly not working anymore

until a few hours ago, everything was working normaly. While moving my monitor around, the lose cable came out and the monitor disconnected. Not thinking much of it, I put the cable back in, but to my suprise the monitor cant be detected anymore. Even when chaning the displayport nothing works, or chaning the monitor device, I can not get any signal out of my displayports in windows (also tried safe start, reinstalled the radeon drivers multiple times) nothing worked so far. I only get a signal out of my HDMI port.

While booting, when only plutting in one monitor in the displayport, the boot screen shows, but when windows loads, no signal again.So the cable shouldnt and port itself shouldnt be causing the problem.

I am using a 5700 card and Ryzen 5 3600 CPU.

0 Likes
1 Solution
twang
Adept I

My new cable arrived today and it works! Still very very weird. The adapter just suddenly stopped working when the cable fell out of the monitor. The adapter was very cheap, so maybe not good quality. Also the adapter still showed a video during boot. So the video signal wasn't broken but probably some DP authentification things

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
twang
Adept I

PS: I am using adapters on both of my ports. hdmi to vga and DP to dvi.

It is so weird, that everything was working before. Just hours ago and suddenly all Displayports stopped working in windows when one cable was disconnected for a few seconds

Edit:

After some more research I was made aware that DP is more complicated than I thought. Is it possible that my DP adapter is somehow faulty in a way, so that it can only receive the signal during boot, but not from windows? I tested the dvi cables on another PC and they still work. Unfortunately I have no Backup DP adapter. I ordered a new one but it wont arrive before next week

0 Likes
twang
Adept I

My new cable arrived today and it works! Still very very weird. The adapter just suddenly stopped working when the cable fell out of the monitor. The adapter was very cheap, so maybe not good quality. Also the adapter still showed a video during boot. So the video signal wasn't broken but probably some DP authentification things

0 Likes
Breakan
Journeyman III

https://www.onecomputerguy.com/displayport-not-detected/

It turns out that I put different values as  refreshrates 50-60Hz to fit display port scale values ... Unlike HDMI s got HDCP automatic high res scale.

0 Likes