cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

oxandrolone91
Adept II

When will Ryzen 4000 (Desktop CPU) be released? Is it worth waiting or just go for Ryzen 9 3900x and/or 3950x?

When will Ryzen 4000 (Desktop CPU) be released? Is it worth waiting or just go for Ryzen 9 3900x and/or 3950x?

My main purpose is simply gaming + streaming. Any leaked specs or something? hehe I don't know whats a better idea, wait and get ryzen 4000, or wait for ryzen 4000 and buy 3900/3950x when the price drops? 

Current Specs :

Ryzen 7 3700x
RTX 2080 Super MSI Gaming X Trio 
32gb RAM 3000mhz Teamgroup Nighthawk
x570 MSI Gaming edge wifi board

0 Likes
4 Replies

There's no official release date, though rumors are in September which would coincide with the next generation of video cards, and there's also no idea how much faster Zen 3 will be over Zen 2, though AMD is saying "On the order of what you would expect with a new architecture".

0 Likes

Yeah, I guess we will be able to decide once there are leaked specs at least. I just wanna get the Ryzen 9, i know it  really wont make much difference when it comes to gaming but you know, having the thought of having the "9" is fun. Lol 

0 Likes

According to the latest report/rumor, AMD is delaying Zen 3 until next year in order to take advantage of TSMC's 5nm process. Given this delay it does make more sense that AMD is releasing Matisse XT, the refreshed processors, as well as Renoir APUs next month.

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-4000-zen-3-vermeer-desktop-cpus-tsmc-5nm-process-node-rumor/

Thank you! I will check this out!

0 Likes