AnsweredAssumed Answered

3900x VDDCR (CPU Power)

Question asked by jinroh on May 27, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 10, 2020 by jinroh

System:  New System Build

CPU:  Amd Ryzen 3900x (latest drivers)

AIO:  Corsair 115i Pro

MOTHER BOARD:  Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra (latest bio update F12e) (latest drivers)

RAM:  G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR 3200 (xmp activated)

EC_Temp2 Sensor:  26-28c

System1/System2: 31-34c

I have gone through and looked at several youtube videos and online post about this CPU and where to find it's sweet spot.

I'm not an overclocker, but rather use my machine for motion graphics, film, and editing...more for productivity.  And will be getting into 3D.

I installed AMD Master and Cinebench r20.  I left the cpu at default and the PPT, CPU POWER (VDDCR), SOC POWER and EDC (CPU) all went into the red.  The cpu at idle in default ran 40-50c and jumped up to 60-70c underload.

I started to undervolt the cpu to get the temps down and get the performance up as many have.

In the bios I have been able to get two settings that are stable.

1. Cores set to 4150ghz @ 1.2v (CB r20 score 7128) CPU Temp 40-50c underload

2. Cores set to 4300ghz @ 1.3v (CB r20 score 7443) CPU Temp 50-60c underload

But generally no matter where I try to set the vCore voltage, the (VDDCR CPU) seems to be the one that's hardest to get in the green via AMD Master and HWiNFO64.

At option 1 from above, the (VDDCR CPU) is still gets into the yellow around 83+ watts underload.  I've under volted it all the way down to 1.18125v and it still stays in the yellow.

At option 2 from above, the (VDDCR CPU) is again back in the red at around 105 watts peak underload.

I just can't seem to get the (VDDCR CPU) to stay in the green and I'm not sure where to make those adjustments as every manufacture has different terminology.

Just seeing if anyone can share anymore insight on this for me.  I appreciate any help and apologize for any info I may be leaving out.

Cheers!

-Jin

Outcomes