cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

avnrv
Journeyman III

MSI R9 270X black screen

After a recent Windows 10 update I encountered the notorious "black screen" problem. I get it every time Windows starts before the login prompt. I tried the fresh installation of Windows, manually updating drivers from the safe mode (with and without Factory reset checked), nothing helped. Yesterday's 20.4.2 drivers just don't work, the black screen appears in the middle of installation, like it happens for drivers from Windows update.
Here is my system:
- ASUS Z87-K motherboard (BIOS v1402)
- Intel Core i7-4770 CPU
- 16 GB of RAM
- MSI Radeon R9 270X obviously
- DELL P2415Q - 3840x2160 (60 Hz)
Earlier I also had problems with the card: random glitches and artifacts, but none of them completely disable my PC.
Please, advice. This is the first time drivers behave so badly for me. Also it's the first time I had to reinstall Windows 10 (doesn't help though) I guess, I should go mainstream and use NVidia.

1 Reply
nokiangage
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue with my sapphire r9 270x vapor-x like avnrv. After the last windows update and the Adrenalin updates the card became useless - black screen on boot and during install of at least 5 different versions of Adrenalin software like 19.2.3, 20.3.1, 20.4.2, 20.5.1 (with Clean restet) and even after DDU in safe mode.

Motherboard Gigabite 990XA-UD3

AMD FX 6300

Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Vapor-X 2G OC edition

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

With Microsoft Basic Display Adapter it runs without any artefacts, even Heroes III runs perfectly and 1080p videos. But still nothing after multiple times to reinstall the drivers and this cannot be that bad... The PC cannot be used for more serious games because of the drivers issue, as it crashes right away when installing and please advise as multiple people have reported similar issues with the 270X cards.

0 Likes