cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

AMD 4700U powered Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 7 now on sale: $900 gets a lot

A few websites said that it will be called Yoga 7 in non US markets and release next month, but here in the US it's available at Lenovo now for $90, or $855 with coupon code.

RAM capacity is a bit on the small side though, especially once you take out the 4700U's allotment, but considering it's not a heavy gaming laptop it shouldn't matter. To quote TomsHardware's review of the Acer Swift 3, which has the same CPU, RAM, and SSD

And let's be realistic, you're not going to be playing heavy games on this thing, its an entertainment and productivity laptop with the power for some casual gaming.

Lenovo rates it for 14 hours of battery life, according to MobileMark, but we all know how meaningless that is. The Acer Swift 3 has a 48wH battery and lasted 11 hours in TomsHardware's test while this Lenovo has a 60.7wH, so battery life should be easily 12 hours.

And equips it with a 100% sRGB IPS screen. It's not as good as an 100% AdobeRGB, but this is a sub $1000 laptop, not a $2000 Macbook Pro, and it's a heck of a lot better than the 45% sRGB TN or VA panels most laptops under $1000 use.

Specs

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-700-series/IdeaPad-Slim-7-14ARE05/p/82A50000US

0 Likes
1 Reply
sarahmaskey01
Journeyman III

I have got an AMD 4700u Powered Lenovo Slim 7 Up for sale, it was  gifted to me Last most, but i don't really think i'll be making use of it. so if you are interested or you know someone who might be, please do contact me. Thanks.

S.M
0 Likes