I built my first my first ever PC about 2 weeks ago. Ever since I've been getting BSOD Video_TDR_failure code - atikmpag.sys. I have done a bit of research and have tried multiple methods of trying to fix this issue. It is frustrating to say the least.
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX (Version 3.60) (Chipset drivers v 19.10.36)
Ryzen 5 2600 - Version 20.2.2.
Gigabyte Radeon - 5500 XT OC 8GB ( Theres a Flash Bios driver F4? which I haven't downloaded yet)
G.SKillz V series - DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) @ 3200MHz (Dual channel kit) CL16
Corsair TX650M - 650W 80+ gold certified
Kingston 240 GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
LG 24" PnP 75Ghz Monitor
I have Windows 10 as my OS and it is fully up to date.
The PC crashes more frequently when I am using browsers, playing Runescape, and other mild duties. The machine games fantastic with no issues. I have had it crash on me maybe 2-3 times while I game, but most of the crashes happen from the fore mentioned. It tends to get the error around 40-60 minutes. What confuses me if that I could game for hours on Borderlands, Call of Duty without any issues.
Here is what I have tried so far.
- Re-installing the driver
- Checked all drivers to ensure they are upset to date ( MOBO, BIOS, AMD)
-Changed my MOBO to UEFI from CSM
- Enabled ErP
-I have changed my PCIe from auto to Gen 3 (via BIOS)
- I removed GPU and booted computer up 1 long beep, 2 shorter beeps - signifies Graphics issue
- Moved "atikmpag.sys." from windows to AMD folder renaming old file and vice versa
- I did a windows re-install ( allowing me to keep all my prior programs)
- Scanned both HD for any errors.
- through device manager checked to see if all drivers and systems were proper.
Am I missing a driver? What can I do?