Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bruvv
Journeyman III

bought AMD R9 series 290 and can not support csgo it freezes

bought AMD R9 series 290 and can not support csgo it freezes 

0 Likes
3 Replies

can you post an image of GPU-Z and to see what information it shows for your GPU card?

Is this a "Used" GPU card you purchased or brand new? 

If "Used" where did you purchased it from, Ebay?

0 Likes
bruvv
Journeyman III

how can i see GPU-Z and no i bought graphics card brand new

0 Likes

GPU-Z will show if your GPU card has all the correct API's check marked and enabled. If one or more are not check marked that indicates the AMD driver wasn't installed properly. That is why I was asking to post an image of GPU-Z.

I have an Nvidia GPU card so there are 3 APIs that are checked marked that are strictly used by Nvidia and not by AMD.

Here is my GPU-Z:

DirectML may or may not be check marked for your card but all the others underlined should be check marked. Just to verify that everything is enabled to run your game.

Can you also post your Computer specs including PSU, Motherboard, CPU, GPU Make & Model plus Windows and AMD Driver versions installed?

Some times an underpowered PSU might cause freezes while under heavy loads like in a game.

Do you get any type of errors when the game freezes?

Also check Windows Device Manager for any errors.

Go to this website and double check that your Computer is able to run that specific game on your computer: 

Can You RUN It | Can I Run It | Can My PC Run It 

https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=21518&game=Game%20Test%20Life  <----- This one seems to be a very good one to test your GPU and computer.

I would also try different settings in both the game itself and Radeon Settings to see if the freezes stops. Like first start off with minimum settings for the game. then go from there if no freezing.

0 Likes