cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nichzoh
Journeyman III

how to fix code 43

I recently got a radeon rx 5600 and it worked for  the first few days but one morning i turned my pc on and it didnt work. It says windows has reported problems (code 43). I do not know how to fix it, any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Reply

This is Microsoft explanation of Device Manager code 43:

Could be a corrupt AMD driver installation. First download the latest AMD Driver from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5600-series/amd-radeon-rx-5600-series/amd-radeon-... 

Make sure Windows is fully updated and you have the latest BIOS & CHIPSET Drivers installed for your Motherboard.

Then follow this basic instruction in removing and installing AMD Driver on your computer:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

If after you have done all of the above I would check the GPU card to see if it is defective or not. I suggest installing it in another compatible computer and see if it does the same thing. If it does I would open a Support Ticket with the manufacturer of the GPU card and see what they recommend.

But it is rare that a GPU card will be defective if fairly new.

0 Likes