AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ryzen 5 2600x build freeze crash

Question asked by calee on May 22, 2020
Latest reply on May 25, 2020 by calee

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x (stock, no overclocking)

Motherboard: MSI B450M MORTAR (bios version 7B89v1D)

RAM: Gloway DDR4 2666 8GBx2 TYA4U2666D19082C

Graphics card: Maxson GTX1650

SSD: Intel 760p 512GB

PSU: SUPER FLOWER GX450 450W

I build this PC at May 2019 and it works normal. Since May 13, when I was playing CS:GO the computer frequently freezing crash or blue screen. The computer needs hard reboot after a freezing crash. I tried to verify integrity of game file and found it not the problem. Then I found a method that steadily repeat the crash while I was checking CPU thermal: use aida64 or prime95 stress test CPU for 3 minutes or more then stop the stress test, the computer will freeze in 1 minute. The computer works normal while stress test.

Here's what I did for troubleshooting:

1. The very first BSOD code is tcpip.sys DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. So I reinstalled the network driver (both ethernet and wireless module).
  2. Then I got BSOD code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I tried

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

by Microsoft Community’s suggestion. I also tried Memtest86 to check RAM and there’s no errors.

1. Then I got UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. Follow Microsoft Community’s suggestion I reinstalled system(Keep Everything), and it doesn’t work.
  2. I tried update GPU driver, chipset driver and motherboard BIOS to latest version.
  3. I tried clean install a new Windows10 on a different SSD and it didn’t solve. (seems not a software problem)
  4. I tried remove Heatsink and CPU, clean and reapply thermal compound. (not a thermal problem. CPU temperature is around 60 degree under stress test)

I'm so annoying about this problem. Hope you guys have suggestions.

Outcomes