Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

fhadq8
Adept I

my pc restart self in a game !

hi,

sorry my english is bad .. 

i have a problem, when i login into games like ( GTAV,Fortnite.. etc ) my computer show me greenscreen sometimes and restart self ( sometime it restart without Green screen ) 

the information of my computer : 

- ryzen 3800x 

- X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3

- 16 ram 3600

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5600 XT Gaming OC 6G Graphics Card, PCIe 4.0, 6GB 192-Bit GDDR6, GV-R56XTGAMING OC-6GD Video Card

- corsair 750w 80 plus

- Nvme corsair 240gb

.. etc 

I need help i update everything .. same problem !  

13 Replies

if widows/games are crashing that bad, reset windows and get back here if it persists

0 Likes

hi mr.hardcoregames™ you mean i make format for windows ? 

0 Likes

fhadq8 wrote:

hi mr.hardcoregames™ you mean i make format for windows ? 

yes

Obviously the OP can follow whatever advice the choose. And if they choose to spend hours reloading instead of 10 minutes doing a few things likely to help, that's on them. However it is widely known that the latest driver for MANY people has fixed this issue, if they run DDU first. Also eliminating fast startup keeps the system from reincorporating OLD cached driver data that screws everything up.

Why would you suggest Windows be reloaded? That should be a last resort to do and you should still do all the things I suggested upon loading Windows again. I've been working with Windows since it's inception and can count on one hand how many times I have had to reload Windows. Almost never is it needed. What is needed is figuring out what is wrong. 

0 Likes

I wipe windows myself more times than most can count

windows and amd hardware, need to be on your toes

0 Likes

Verify that your memory is on the QVL list for your motherboard. If not verify that your motherboard is setting the correct timings. If you are unsure contact your memory maker and ask them what timings you should use. Running 3600 can be pretty tricky. You might try lowering that speed a bit just to test if that is contributing to the issue or not. 

You can also run one stick at a time to make sure you don't potentially have a bad stick of ram. Unlikely but it happens. 

I know you said you updated everything but please double check this:

Verify that you have the latest bios update for your motherboard. 

Install the latest AMD Chipset driver. https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570 

Disable Windows 10 Fast Startup. You can google how.

Even if you already loaded the latest driver please do this DDU setup after disabling Fast Startup.

Now get a clean slate for the graphics driver.

Run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com. Follow the included instructions.

Install the latest GPU driver Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Optionalhttps://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5600-series/amd-radeon-rx-5600-series/amd-radeon-... 

If that does not help I would talk to AMD support: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

fhadq8
Adept I

hi, 

i follow all instruction same problem  

0 Likes

sorry to hear that. all I can say is you are not alone. there are tons of people in this forum complaining of the same issue. I would talk with AMD support and see if they can offer advice before going through more lengthy options. 

0 Likes

I noticed that OP has a Gigabyte card and I have seen many posts over their RX 5000 lineup suggesting some problems

Only Gigabyte card I have is an old GTX 750 2GB GDDR5 which was the fist of the Maxwell cards, I had to redo the thermal material which was baked from to much gaming.

0 Likes

I have seen numerous complaints on pretty much everyones cards. Even the Saphire Nitro and they are typically the best cards made around AMD gpus. 

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

I have seen numerous complaints on pretty much everyones cards. Even the Saphire Nitro and they are typically the best cards made around AMD gpus. 

I have not seen as many of problems maybe due to my frequent reset of windows all the time.

0 Likes
skellattarr
Journeyman III

you can go into event viewer and check for errors and warnings and you can download who crashed it will tell you what is going on if there is a crash dump 

0 Likes
fhadq8
Adept I

i just wait the members help me 

0 Likes