cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ipsuey
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3600x - Momentarily Freezes in Windows/Games

I am having momentarily freezes in windows/games. Sometimes the image will freeze entirely (no mouse movement) for 10~20 seconds. Other times, i am able to move the mouse around and hear sound, but unable to make any action. No BSoD, no reboots. Everytime this happens, after 10~20~30 seconds, it turns back to normal. Sometimes, while browsing, the page will not load or will 'freeze', but i'm able to switch to other applications and they work normally.
The build is as follows:
CPU: Ryzen 3600x (brand new) + stock cooler + no OC
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max (brand new)
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 CL16 2666MHz (brand new)
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 700W V2 Bronze (brand new)
SSD: Adata SP550 480Gb
GPU: Gainward 1050Ti 4Gb
CASE: Phanteks P360x
Clean Genuine Windows 10 64bit Home installation.
Version 1909 18363.836 - With latest updates.
Latest drivers for:
Chipset, Audio, Network (from MSI website)
GPU (from gainward website)
Latest BIOS
I've tried: disconnecting everything (leds, fans, case usb ports, hdd, leaving only the SSD.
Replaced PSU (was using a 500W Kolink Enclave Gold).
Switched Sata Ports.
GPU was running just fine in my previous build and never had any issue.
System keeps freezing randomly. Sometimes i'm able to spend the entire day working with Adobe software and browsing, the system is stable. Other times, it keeps freezing and stuttering until i reboot my machine.
Prime95 would sometimes give error in one or two threads after 1~2 minutes. Other times it will run for hours.
Memtest86 returned no errors after 4 passes.
2 Replies
lodwar
Journeyman III

Hello!

I have the same problem.

Freezing 5-10 seconds. Absolutly randomly.

I am using 

- Gigabyte B450M S2H AMD

16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3000 DIMM CL16-18-18-38 Dual Kit

Maybe something wrong with the RAM?

New Bios-Version. All new Drivers installed.

0 Likes

Hello Iodwar,

I've replaced the SSD, installed windows 10, all drivers, programs and games. So far no freezes and prime95 runs for a long time with no errors.

I've had this SSD for 2 years and never had any issue (nothing even close to this) until the moment i changed my build.

It's still soon to tell, but apparently there's something either wrong or incompatible with my SSD in this build.

Good luck.