When I try to install any version of Adrenalin (2019, 2020), my computer will flash to black, fans go to 100% for about 1-2 seconds, and then my system crashes. On boot, I freeze on the spinning dots animation, forcing me to then restore windows, all usually happening around 65%-75% installation progress.
- Sapphire Radeon 5700 (grey face plate variant)
- Fresh Win 10 Pro Install, fully up to date as of time of writing
- 600W Corsair PSU
- 2 x 8gb Gskill TridentZ RGB 3600 (CURRENTLY RUNNING AT 2666)
- Ryzen 7 1700
- Gigabyte Fatality Ab350 ITX
- Salvo Studios PCI riser cable
Here's everything I've tried:
- Rambo raw install with nothing changed
- Reducing RAM clocks from 3600 to 3200 & 2666
- Updated windows
- Registry fix/ Latest .Net/ Viz studio
- Install with and without installing AMD4 chipset for my mobo
- Installing with only 1 RAM on each slot
- Safe Mode DDU -> Manual install on non-safemode via device manager (cuts to black, 100% fans, then crash, forcing me to system restore)
- Safe Mode DDU -> Adrenalin latest 2020 Install & Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1, same result as #5
- AMD driver cleaner
- Factory reset install
- Changing PCIe to gen 3 in my BIOS
- Updated BIOS
Would love some ideas or suggestions but I'm afraid I'm getting close to the end of my rope. I just don't know what else to try at this point.
5/21 Edit: A user on /r/AMDhelp suggested my build might be unstable. I've tried running stress tests on my memory (memtest86), CPU (Prime95), and GPU (OCCT) for 1hr+ without any issues, temps never going above 80C.