I've had this problem for a while now nothing I do seems to solve it.
It only occurs when I'm playing games using my Radeon RX 560 Series GPU. My screen starts flickering as if I would continuously change the brightness-setting up and down 3 steps at once. You may understand that this makes almost any game unplayable. This does not happen in any pattern but seems in a more random order (related to fps?). It happens every 2 seconds or so.
This DOES NOT happen when I'm in the main menu of any game.
It may also be worth saying that this DOES NOT happen when I turn on the settings in Windows 10 to use these games only with my Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 card. (But this integrated graphics card has a lot less power so I can't use it for good settings in most games.)
Games I have played where this occurs:
- We need to go deeper
- GTA V
- Rome Total War 2
- Shogun Total War 2
- Age of Empires 3 (disc)
Both from Epic Games & Steam Launcher
I have tried
- updating and removing the Radeon drivers
- turning off switchable graphics
- I've noticed that for some reason every time the screen goes more dark, my pc says the power cable has been unplugged (this does however happen sometimes too when I'm not gaming and it doesn't result in any brightness drops)
- Changed all kinds of settings in the AMD menu
- deactivated f.lux
- turning Vsync off and on
- changing battery saving (and other settings) on my Intel(R) Graphics Menu
I have absolutely scoured the web for other solutions but can't seem to find anyone who has the same problem?
Since I have a lot of files for college on my pc I can't just do a factory reset for some months.
I really hope someone might be able to help me
- Lenovo ideapad 720-15IKB
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.71 GHz
- 8GB RAM
- Windows 10 Home
- AMD Radeon RX 560 Series (with latest updated drivers)
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620