AnsweredAssumed Answered

PC crashing during warzone

Question asked by tmim0o on May 19, 2020

Hi, I've een trying to play Call of Duty: Warzone but it is crashing/freezing my PC. This is a total crash, not just a game crash to desktop. Some of the time I get "TV Static" for a second before a complete black screen, other times it just crashes. This happens regardless of the graphics settings - I have tried with minimum and maximum settings and both experience a crash. I normally manage around 15 minutes of game time before the crash hits, but there is no consistency in terms of what appears to be driving this as far as I can tell. 

I've tried a number of different workarounds that I've come across, but none of these have worked. These include: 

1) Disabling all unnecessary background programmes

2) Changing the pagefile

3) Changing launch options

4) Disabling Radeon overlay

5) Changing task manager priority

I'm at a loss as to how to fix this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3600x

GPU: MSI Radeo 5500XT

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz 

HD: WD Blue 1TB NVMe SSD

Mobo: Asus TUX Gaming X570 plus

PSU: Corsair CX750

EDIT for anyone else with this problem: So after trying numerous workarounds I replaced the GPU with a Radeon RX 580 and have since had no problems whatsoever. From reading around I don't think that it was a dud graphics card, rather problems with the 5500/5700 XT series.

Outcomes