AnsweredAssumed Answered

PC crashing during warzone

Question asked by tmim0o on May 19, 2020
Latest reply on May 20, 2020 by tmim0o

Hi, I've een trying to play Call of Duty: Warzone but it is crashing/freezing my PC. This is a total crash, not just a game crash to desktop. Some of the time I get "TV Static" for a second before a complete black screen, other times it just crashes. This happens regardless of the graphics settings - I have tried with minimum and maximum settings and both experience a crash. I normally manage around 15 minutes of game time before the crash hits, but there is no consistency in terms of what appears to be driving this as far as I can tell. 

I've tried a number of different workarounds that I've come across, but none of these have worked. These include: 

1) Disabling all unnecessary background programmes

2) Changing the pagefile

3) Changing launch options

4) Disabling Radeon overlay

5) Changing task manager priority

I'm at a loss as to how to fix this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3600x

GPU: MSI Radeo 5500XT

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz 

HD: WD Blue 1TB NVMe SSD

Mobo: Asus TUX Gaming X570 plus

PSU: Corsair CX750

EDIT for anyone else with this problem: So after trying numerous workarounds I replaced the GPU with a Radeon RX 580 and have since had no problems whatsoever. From reading around I don't think that it was a dud graphics card, rather problems with the 5500/5700 XT series.

Outcomes