cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gesull
Journeyman III

Radeon Vega 11 Graphics Driver won’t work

I have just purchased and installed a new AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics CPU.  It is installed in an ASUS TUF B450M Pro Gaming motherboard on a system running Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909 patched up to the very latest updates.  I also have an NVidia GeForce GT610 graphics card that actually works.

I’ve successfully enabled the Vega Graphics component in the Asus BIOS, with the Nvidia set as the primary graphics device and the Radeon Vega as the secondary.

But try as I might I can’t get the drivers for the Radeon Vega Graphics to install. 

I’ve tried downloading and installing all the following packages, running each as Administrator, without any success. 

• radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.4.2-minimalsetup-200423_web.exe
  • rv-win10-64bit-whql-radeon-software-17.40.3701-feb12.exe
  • win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.2.2-mar5.exe

The packages run through the installation process apparently correctly, but every time I reboot the system afterwards Windows Device Manager simply shows the AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics device as not working with the following error message:

“Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)”

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
gesull
Journeyman III

Fixed it myself in the end.  Strangely it turned out that the fix was to disable "Compatibility Support Module" (CSM)  in the Asus BIOS and force it to UEFI only for boot.  As soon as I did that the Graphics drivers started working OK. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
gesull
Journeyman III

Fixed it myself in the end.  Strangely it turned out that the fix was to disable "Compatibility Support Module" (CSM)  in the Asus BIOS and force it to UEFI only for boot.  As soon as I did that the Graphics drivers started working OK.