Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ravindra111
Journeyman III

AMD HD 7400M

Hello,

My laptop is HP pavilion dm4 having AMD HD 7400M series graphic card.

Recently I've updated from windows 7 to Windows 10 .Then the problem starts when ever I try to install amd driver it installs perfectly. But after sometime laptop freezes and shows bluescreen error .Due to that I disabled my driver in device manager Then my laptop works fine .But I really want to use the amd graphics and tried again the process in Windows 7 nothing helped. Please anyone suggest me anything to get rid of this problem.

In the below attachment you can see that I've disabled the device if I enable it it shows "!" symbol in yellow colour.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Frankus-Rjeedo-Sodzedo
Journeyman III

Same problem and it's really pissing me off.

0 Likes

So your new to Win10. Lesson @1....prevent Windows Update from automatically installing drivers

Screenshot_2.png

Your graphics chip is considered Legacy and there will be no more updates:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-7450m

You didn't supply what processor you have. Intel or AMD. If Intel, the integrated graphics (Intel) must be updated from the Intel support site and installed before the AMD driver.

If you have a AMD processor/APU please tell us which one.

0 Likes
Frankus-Rjeedo-Sodzedo
Journeyman III

My laptop is HP pavilion dv6 having intel HD 3000 and AMD HD 7400M series graphic card.

I have been using Windows 10 since, but after last year September monthly patch, then this problem starts, whenever I try to install amd driver the  better version 16.2.1 sometimes installs perfectly but later the laptop freezes until booted into save mode and uninstalled. The other version 15. 301.1901.0 also freezes the laptop and screen goes blank and makes some annoying noise when it's at the last stage of of intalling where the screen has to go  and off. Due to that I use a third party software to upgrade to a certain latest version which from all indications isn't compactible with my hardware as it shows "no driver is installed for this device"  my graphics cards are two Intel hd 3000 and AMD hd 7400m. interestingly without the AMD the intel also shows an error code, again, when I uninstalled the intel then the better version 16.2.1 of the amd installed correctly but shows error code as well at this time does not freeze. I really want to use the amd graphics, I tried again the process in Windows 7,8 and 10 previous versions nothing helped. Please anyone suggest to me anything to get rid of this problem.

0 Likes

The real issue is your laptop does not meet the minimum requirements for the current version of Win10. One big problem is the Intel graphics. The HD3000 and earlier versions don't meet the standards....that and the AMD graphics being in Legacy all point to reinstalling the OS the laptop was designed for full functionality.

0 Likes