cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mikeinmiami
Journeyman III

Warranty Issue? 3900X will not run 3600mhz memory

I have a 3900X which will not run entirely stable with AMD approved memory.  The problem is on restart and wake and only when running DOCP.  Sometimes it just hangs with the memory led lit.  I have tweaked it to where it happens about once a month.  I currently have G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC.  I have tried different memories and motherboards.  I have a second Ryzen 3600X machine.  Swapping CPUs confirms it is the CPU.  If I don't run DOCP 3600mhz it is fine.   

My question- Is this covered under warranty or am I stuck with a slow CPU?

Thanks In Advance - 

2 Replies

The 3900X is only "certified" to run 3200mhz memory, so it's not a warranty issue. If it happens when you set the timings manually instead of using DOCP, then it's an issue you need to discuss with G.SKILL and ASUS.

mccharle
Elite

Hello,

I also use DDR4-3600 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN but on x570 MSI motherboard.

With BIOS AGESA 1.0.0.4, all works fine with only 2 sticks, A-XMP enable and 3600MHz speed manually selected.

With the latest BIOS AGESA 1.0.0.5, I can up the speed to 3733MHz (infinity fabrics at 1867MHz) with 2 sticks but the must is now I can use 4 sticks at 3600MHz. A-XMP enable and 3600MHz manually set.

DOCP profile when checked should report the timings expected, otherwise you need to wait an update or set manually the settings on your BIOS motherboard for DRAM.