Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

duoluom
Journeyman III

Not very young AMD Athlon II X2 M320 processor

Hi community.

I want to install windons 10 on a Smasung R525 PC with an AMD Athlon II X2 M320 processor.

At installation, I have an error message:

I'm missing a driver, some ideas because it seems to me that this doesn't come from the rest?

Thank you.

5 Replies

You have an old processor probably on a old Pre-Windows 10 Samsung laptop.

Found Samsung Support in Great Britain that shows all the Samsung Laptops and computer that have be shown compatible to upgrading to Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Information | Samsung Support UK 

I suggest you open a Samsung Support ticket and find out if your laptop can be upgraded to Windows 10.

Good advice. Unfortunately also is that Microsoft has even dropped support for some machines that were supported in the first couple of years of Windows 10. Windows 10 support is getting to be a very vague statement. There have been a lot of versions of Windows 10. Oem's rarely go back and update information for older products. Like you said, the best bet is to see if the oem's support department will help. 

This seems to be the OP's machine Samsung R525 - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews 

It came with Windows 7 but the CPU in the machine used to be sold for desktop users back when XP was a thing. Looks like AMD downclocked it for mobile use.

Machine should be fine with Windows 10, some missing drivers are commonplace but old drivers can be made to work if you want then all present and accounted for.

0 Likes
duoluom
Journeyman III

Hello, I answer late: thank you for your answers.

When I want to install Windows 10, I have a message about lack of drivers and the installation refuses to continue.

Any other ideas?

If it isn't in the list is it definitely ruined?

Also, I don't see how to "open" an AMD ticket.

But may be "you're wasting your breath".

0 Likes

duoluom wrote:

Hello, I answer late: thank you for your answers.

When I want to install Windows 10, I have a message about lack of drivers and the installation refuses to continue.

Any other ideas?

If it isn't in the list is it definitely ruined?

Also, I don't see how to "open" an AMD ticket.

But may be "you're wasting your breath".

if windows 10 refuses to install then you may need to find a more recent machine

0 Likes