cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Journeyman III

New APU (help)

I have an AMD a6-7310 APU with AMD radeon r4 graphics (fb4 bga mobile cpu slot), which, as you can guess, can't run a lot of games.I don't have enough money to buy a decent tower and build it with the right components, so here I am. I don't know that much when it comes to all-in-one or laptops, but wondering what APU I could buy to change it. (don't tell me it isn't worth it, eGPUs are too unstable or pricy so it is my only option here.) Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

The R4 graphics are pretty much a dead end for anything other running word and excel. forget games outside solitaire etc.

Given how old this machine is, there is no real salvage and as such working towards a new platform is the only solution i can suggest.

Start with a basic mid tower ATX chassis. Find a good PSU and with the chassis you can swap motherboards, RAM and the rest of the parts. So the chassis is much more durable so it makes sense to plan ahead.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

The R4 graphics are pretty much a dead end for anything other running word and excel. forget games outside solitaire etc.

Given how old this machine is, there is no real salvage and as such working towards a new platform is the only solution i can suggest.

Start with a basic mid tower ATX chassis. Find a good PSU and with the chassis you can swap motherboards, RAM and the rest of the parts. So the chassis is much more durable so it makes sense to plan ahead.

0 Likes