cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

technohub___
Journeyman III

can Laptop AMD GPU hardware can be repaired?

my laptop has Radeon 540 (4GB) graphics. But my system don;t detect it anymore. I tried everything but it still can't detect it. I just want to know that Laptops Amd GPU hardware is repairable?

2 Replies

That would be a question for your laptops maker. Almost anything can be fixed if you're willing to pay the price. Often with laptops the price to fix them is just too much to justify. Only you can figure that out. Contact the OEM that made your machine or get a quote from a repair shop, unless you plan to tackle it yourself. 

Most Laptop Manufacturers Support has a diagnostic page where it will run several hardware and software diagnostics on your Specific laptop to determine if you have a hardware failure or software (driver) issues.

Also many Laptop Support manufacturers have a Support page that shows what parts you can replace or upgrade in your laptop  with another compatible part.  If it shows Discrete GPUs to upgrade in your laptop than you can probably replace the GPU yourself.

But you never mentioned the exact Laptop model (best if Serial Number posted) you have with what version of Windows and AMD Driver installed and Make & Model of your Laptop APU Processor and GPUs installed.

Could be a corrupt installation of the AMD driver or the wrong driver being installed etc.

What exact errors are you getting?

Does Device Manager under "Display Adapters" recognize your GPU card in the laptop? Any errors in Device Manager?