Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

duplo
Adept I

RYZEN 7 3700X and hardware virtualization

Hi,

Does RYZEN 7 3700X support hardware virtualization?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
duplo
Adept I

As my original question indicated, I am not an IT guru. The reason for diving into this issue was the statement in my Kaspersky Internet Security that hardware virtualization would improve my security, but I should check some of the settings of my PC.

I followed the advice and enabled both SVM and IOMMU in the BIOS of my GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO motherboard, and disabled both the Device Guard and Virtualization Based Security (VBS) modes in Windows 10. Unfortunately, Kaspersky still indicates that the hardware virtualization isn't available. The only remaining point on Kaspersky's list of potential roadblocks was that my CPU may not support hardware virtualization. I joined this community to clarify this issue, because my searches on the web hadn't been successful.

According to billy72's fast and helpful answer, my CPU shouldn't be the problem. However, I don't know what else to check. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Any 3rd party virtualisation software will block the other one from running. If you have Hyper-V,VMware or VirtualBOX installed they „own” the virtualisation extenions and Kaspersky advanced protection will not work.

duplo
Adept I

I don't have any 3rd party virtualisation software installed on my PC.

0 Likes
duplo
Adept I

Hyper-V is disabled. This was its default state, but I experimented by enabling it, which didn't help. Later I learned on the web that Hyper-V should be disabled.

0 Likes