cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

starkitty0985
Journeyman III

dedicated graphic card disapeared

I downloaded the radeon software and it made my dedicated gpu disappear from my laptop but it is still physicaly there how can I uninstall radeon software or fix my gpu so it shows up

0 Likes
2 Replies

you may need to reset windows to get the machine back in working order

more likely problems are deeper than a dodgy driver

0 Likes

It will be really helpful if you post the exact Laptop Make & Model or better yet the laptop's Serial Number to find out the Make & Model of your APU Processor and Discrete GPU card installed in your laptop and Windows version.

Which AMD Driver did you install?

If you have a AMD APU Processor you must install the APU AMD Driver which will automatically install both the Integrated and Discrete GPUs in your Laptop. But you should FIRST install the laptop's AMD Driver to make sure everything works correctly.

If your laptop has an Intel APU then you must have the latest Intel Graphics and CHIPSET and BIOS installed plus installing FIRST your laptop's AMD Driver afterwards to make sure everything is working correctly then update the AMD Driver from AMD download page.

Can you upload an image of Device Manager showing "Display Adapter" extended not showing your discrete AMD GPU Card? 

Do you have any errors when installing the AMD Driver and when you open Device Manager?

0 Likes